Saturday, January 17, 2009

Faint

Faint. A word that is never in my context. Okay, let me explain what is faint.

FAINT
According to Dictionary.com,

faint 
1.Lacking brightness, vividness, clearness, loudness, strength, etc.: a faint light; a faint color; a faint sound.

2.feeble or slight: faint resistance; faint praise; a faint resemblance.

3.feeling weak, dizzy, or exhausted; about to lose consciousness: faint with hunger.

4.lacking courage; cowardly; timorous: Faint heart never won fair maid.

5.Law. unfounded: a faint action. –verb (used without object)

6.to lose consciousness temporarily.

7.to lose brightness.

8.Archaic. to grow weak; lose spirit or courage.–noun

9.temporary loss of consciousness resulting from a decreased flow of blood to the brain; a
swoon: to fall into a faint.


Okay, so this is what i found. In my opinion, number 1,2,3,6,7,8,9 are true.

I am always curious why ppl can faint, you know they say like, em, they can see stars, black out or sth like that. I just couldn't understand how this could happen.

Okay, so i experienced fainting myself today.

My grandma is very sick, so my mum has to leave the school early to bring her to ther hospital. She said she is very sick. So i have to pick my mum at 6.30 (around that la) to see my grandma to make sure she is alright or we will have to send her to the hospital.

We help her to pack all her stuff and bring her to the hospital, she is panting for very little work done.

We send her in there, of course she can still walk. Lying on the bed, waiting for the doctor to arrive. Oh man, the doctor actually took around half an hour to come. OMG OMG. What if there is seriously a dying patient waiting for him? I am sure the patient would have died la.

I think my grandma will be alright, maybe she is scared. But she kept telling us that she is not scared, not afraid of dying, she is already 80 sth, very old dy. I think she will be alright. (At least i hope so right? );

After the doctor has seen her, check her body, or anything la, i dunno because i was not in there, i was waiting outside, we then walk with the nurse to send her to the wad.

I think i seriously cannot become a doctor lo, i can't stand seeing blood, so horrifying.

We accompanied her for quite some time and it was time for us to leave.

When i wanted to walk out of the wad, away from the bed which my grandma was lying, i see brightness. Okay, the next thing i remember is, my mum holding me, preventing me to fall on the floor. Between that period, i can't remember anything. Somebody took a plastic chair for me to sit on, i lifted my head and still there was brightness. I couldn't see everything, but i can still see.

So another nurse came in, asked me not to lift my head, lower down, to let the blood flow to my brain. Only after that i stop seeing brightness. I stayed that position for quite some time. I tried to lift up my head and wanted to tell them that i am okay, but i failed. I heard my mum asking my sister why is she crying. Then i scolded her some more, asked "you crazy ar? Cry for what? "
She is scared, even more than i do. The auntie (family member of the opposite bed) gave me some sweets. So i got well after a longer time though i tried quite a number of times before i seriously feel better.

I think my grandma was frightened also la. How could it happen right? Faint in the hospital. Haiz. Damn embarasing la.

We went for dinner after that. My mum and sister are seriously very worried about me. They kept asking me why i faint. But i DUNNO why. Maybe it's because of the sun this late morning, or too tired, or maybe i saw how the scene in the hospital. I seriously dunno.

After that, we went to my grandma's house to bring her her things. And went back to the hospital again.

When i walked in, of course the nurses looked at me with some weird smiles la. Okay, i can't stop them right? The little boy (i think he's the son of the auntie i said earlier) looked weirdly at me also la. Damn embarassing la.

My grandma kept asking my mum to bring me home. I am fine la.

Anyway, me fainting is not a big deal, maybe it's minor anaemia la. This main thing is my grandma, i hope she will get well soon. Chinese New Year is coming soon. I don't want her to lie there celebrating CNY.

Pray for her.

I am going to sleep, don't worry ppl, i am alright. (Maybe you are laughing at me, who cares bout you)

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you get enough sleep. Just dont stand up too fast.

    You'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you fine? it's not kind of embarrassing la... aiyo...
    btw... hope that your grandmum can recover soon... and you ar... mz take care leh...
    i nvr experience that... haha... wish i can try it 1 day...
    maybe you saw blood b4 you faint ba... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!
    faint!
    rest more...
    do fall sick ok???
    btw, i will pray for your grandma and you to get well soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Thanks a lot and i am fine now. (:
    HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete